Thursday, July 19, 2012

shin splints and internet

After raking through the muddy waters of class comparison I finally found some that work and decided that I could do no more question asking, head banging, or tedious searching and left. I walked the 45 minute walk to Votocom, the cell phone and internet provider. I got a modem to get internet in my room. I was getting excited to know that I could sit on the computer, bug free, and write about my day. That is, until I mentioned that I had a Mac. The helpful woman at Votocom told me that I had to go to the mall to their customer service center. I walked home, slightly defeated. Upon arrival, my flatmate, Lisa, was sitting outside. We made idle conversation until I asked her if she was going somewhere. She told me she was going to the mall! HIZZAH! I jumped on the chance and asked if she could give me a ride there. So, sparing the details about walking around like a lost dog in the mall, I made it to the store and had my computer fitted with the right software to receive the internet! I am sure you could imagine how happy I was. I called Peng (the cab service recommended by the school) and headed home. I even shared with 3 American exchanged girls so the cost was half as much. It seems like my luck just may be turning around *knock on wood*

No comments:

Post a Comment