Sunday, July 22, 2012

IT'S SO WINDY!!!

Today I allowed myself to sleep in until about noon. I have not slept in since arriving over a week ago! Over a week already?? Wow. After getting up I made the people on my flat some American pancakes! They loved them! They said I need to do it every Sunday. Ha...I am still in the honeymoon phase, pancakes will be rare in 2-3 months. After eating, we got ready and went out for a drive. Well, we tried to go for a drive, but the car a few girls rented, wouldn't start.


So, the girls thought we should push it, so naturally, I took a few pictures.

We finally got the car started and went off for a drive. We went to Sardinia Bay about 20 minutes from Port Elizabeth. There was a huge sand dune that you have to climb to actually get to the beach. It was so windy that you could almost lean back without falling, because the wind would hold you up!

 This is the dune you had to climb to get to the bay. Notice the car on top and how much taller the dune is.
 It was pretty steep getting up there





We are attempting to get a shot of her jumping, but as you can see, we did not succeed.










 There is a guy wind surfing in this picture.

 IT WAS SO WINDY!
 There was a storm which made the sky look eery next to the water. Eery or not, the view is beautiful!




























After our windy adventure, we drove to the Pick 'N Pay to get a few things. Our flat makes decided they wanted to have a bry (sp?), which is South African for BBQ. It is very cold tonight so being by the hot coals was nice. I am in bed early, because classes start tomorrow! Bright and early, 7 45am class. Oh, lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment