Thursday, July 26, 2012

Attention all students

I had two classes this morning, I could not for the life of me find the second one. I was in the right building at room 107. I waited and looked all over, finally I went to the international office and asked where the class was. I found out it was -0107....lowest level....I have never seen it written like that so, I was fairly confused. When they write the building and room number they say 6-0107, when I saw this I thought building 6 room 107...no, it has to be more complicated than that.

I, also, started reading the textbook from the library. As I was reading there was an announcement that came over the PA system. It said "Attention all students, the noise level in the library is too loud. This is unacceptable. Anyone disturbing others will be asked to leave". I do not know why I found this so ridiculously hilarious. I didn't even think it was too loud. They also check your bags on your way out of the library. I have no idea what they are expecting to find coming out of the library, stolen books? How would they know if they were stolen or rented out? This is Africa. They also check your cars when when you are leaving campus. They look in the back seat and trunk. I don't understand why they check coming out and not going in...that makes more sense I'd think...

I have one more class today, at 4, then coming back and having supper. Then, the internationals are going out for one of the guy's birthday. This is the biggest social life I have ever had. It is pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment