Tuesday, May 22, 2012

4 Country Capstone

I am sitting at a small hotel in Greece trying to enjoy the beauty that is before me. Unfortunately, I have caught the cold that the rest of the group had while we were in London, Hungary, and Romania. I will type out my travels on another day but I figured I would get on and give an overview of what has been going on here.
We left Cedar Rapids ready and excited on May 9, 2012. Our plane ride was short and took us to Chicago where we had a 4 hour lay over. Some of us went and ate, others decided to get intensely drunk for our plane ride to London. I had to sit by the two drunk people, who I didn't know at the time. This was not a good way to start my trip. I slept a good portion of the way and got to watch some movies. When we got to London we had a bus tour of the city then came back for the next flight to Budapest. We stayed at the Marco Polo hostel in Hungary. We did a tour of the city, went to the market, and went on a pub crawl that night. Things definately got crazy on the pub crawl. We soon left Budapest and drove to the medical college in Cluj-Nepoca, Romania. There we met Patric. He was our student guide and helped us around the city. He introduced us to his friends and we had a ball with them while we were there. They were some of the nicest guys I have ever met. We got into our hotel this morning after our 18 hour bus ride from Cluj to our current city in Greece. The trip has been a blast so far and if it weren't for this dang cold I would be out doing all sorts of stuff. I am going to try to tough it out and do everything we have planned. I will add pictures and more detail when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment